Yeah Happy Memorial Day Weekend! And I suck cos this is a placeholder post until next week…hold your tomatoes before you throw them! I will have bunches to write about next week. And let me just say 2 words: tote bags…let that entice your curiosity! Also I’m trying my hand at grilling for the first time on Memorial Day. Let’s hope there are no flame attacks!
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally you forget to pull it down-George Burns
Hello all! Here we are again, another installment of some random art and blathering from a stranger, isn’t it exciting?! Finally finishing up my greeting card project to sale in Etsy. That means I can actually adding more dialogue to this blog o’ mine! Well a little bit, it is an ART blog after all. Speaking of art…
Unzipped 18 in x 24 Oils 2010
Ugh! Is that what we all are underneath?! If so, I’m sure you’re all fabulous looking robots! Anyhoos, have a great weekend as I go to slave away some on some stuff for Etsy, more to come!
Meeting you was my favorite accident-unknown
Hola! Another Flashback Friday! Why you ask?! Cos I like to share my old stuff with you guys. And yes, you’re welcome! ;) So here we go with this business. As you know (or you may not, I’m not sure) I LOVE Radiohead! Bands and lyrics are huge influences on my art and these Brits certainly have been. So that was kind of thought behind this piece. Enjoy!
Where We Meet Oils 22 in x 30 in 2010
All righty, I’m off to work on some panda stuff. More to come on that later…maybe…if I ever finish! Call your mom this weekend!
In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “You, the Sandwich.”
Normally I don’t do the Daily Prompts but today its about one of my favorite foods: Sandwiches! I’ve always thought long and hard about what kind would go on my perfect sammie, so today I share all the best things that would make up the bestest sandwich ever! There’s no particular order that the ingredients go on between the bread slices. Obviously bread, mustard then on the bottom bun will be the guacamole but everything else is up for grabs! It will be a sandwich to activate the savory umami taste buds to a scale of 1000! So wilthout further ado, The Catwich! (My name is Cathy/Cat hence the name, it would nothing to do cats):
When a cat wants to catch a mouse, it pretends being a mouse-Vasily Klyuchevsky…(at least that’s what I saw on Google!)
Hi everybody! (If you read that in Dr. Nick Riviera’s voice from The Simpsons, you’re the best) Happy May! As I’ve said where has this year gone?! But enough of that jazz, another quick post!
Did this one awhile and it still makes me smile. All righty enough chit chat, I’ve got to scoot and start some supper. My stomach has me at gunpoint and threatening me if I don’t go fix something edible in the next few mins! Have a great weekend. I’ve got a good one planned: Avengers tomorrow! And my nephew is getting baptized on Sunday, sooo proud! Until we meet again!
Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it and I shall move the world-Archimedes
The Word of God is the fulcrum upon which the lever of prayer is placed, and by which things are mightily moved-E.M. Bounds
So another Friday has descended upon us, so you know what that means!…well its time for a new blog…yeah you’re getting it now, so let’s get this beast started!
Like a lot of my pieces, the original idea came from an anatomy book, this specific page actually:
After seeing that picture (or pic as I often abbreviate it in texts), I doodled this in my sketchbook (probably during church):
There you have it! So I have to jet and work on the 8 billion projects (yes I’m aware its not actually 8 billion but some days its feels like it!) I have going on. Have a good weekend! I’ve got nothing going on at the moment, except church pictures. But I did buy a whole bunch of stuff to make some smoothies, so my NutriBullet is going to be awfully busy!
And hey it ain’t boasting if its the truth-Stephen King
Happy Friday! Where has this week gone?! Its cruising by! So without further ado (because once again I am running behind on everything all at once, I suck!), here’s some interesting news! I got a notification that I was nominated for a Creative Blog Award, what the what?! Many thanks to Shining Star @ https://hellorainb0w.wordpress.com/ for the nomination!! Go give her blog some love! :) So here’s the trick, I get to nominate 10 blogs for the award as well, woot for everyone, you’re all winners!
So here are the Creative Blog Award Rules:
- Post the link of the blog that provided you with the nomination and give thanks!
- Share 5 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other blogs and provide their links in your post. (I did not follow that, I nominated 11)
- Contact each of the 10 nominees via their blogs, Facebook , or other forms of social media informing them of their nomination.
- Provide the rules to your nominees (feel free to copy these rules directly).
So there you go, if you’re nominated follow these and go for it! And now here’s the other fun part:
5 Random Facts About C Is For Cathy:
1. I am not a chocoholic, not a huge dessert eater either. I am however a Fatty McButterpants who constantly has food on the brain! Food like real hearty meals, sandwiches, pasta, sushi, anything to satisfy my salty and umami taste buds! Also I HEART coffee!!
2. I am a stickler for grammar and spelling. When people continually mispronounce words, it bugs me and brother gets mad when I correct him. My argument is “would you rather me let you continue to say it wrong or correct you once? Your choice!” Facebook grammar is enough to make me to postal!
3. Public speaking doesn’t bother me. I do tend to get a case of “word vomit” when I have to do it and will talk, talk, and talk some more!
4. I have been blessed tremendously with a God given talent for art and all things creative! I enjoy creating art (painting, drawing, illustrating, mixed media, etc), cooking, crocheting/knitting, graphic design (or design in general), crafty things, mainly anything where I can work with my hands and create something out of it!
5. If I were able to pick a dream job (not art or in the creative field), it would be something medically related. The human body is fascinating to me and I love all things concerning anatomy! Medical jobs that I’d like to purse include: physical therapist, nurse, surgical tech, neurologist, orthopedist, phlebotomist (although I absolutely HATE having blood drawn and IV’s on me!), coroner, pathologist and I’d even like to be a mortician/undertaker…yes I realize its a weird dream job but someone has to do it!
So there you go, isn’t your life much more enriched knowing these things about a complete stranger! And now the part you all are looking forward to, the Creative Blog Nominations (no particular order):
-Brad Young Art https://bradyoungart.wordpress.com
-Sarah Goodeau http://sarahgoodreau.com/
-Ray Ferrar-Emotion On Canvas https://urbanwallart.wordpress.com/
-Subatomic Tourism https://mirrenaudax.wordpress.com/
-Pete Scully http://petescully.com/
-Slightly Chilled Porcupine https://slightlychilledporcupine.wordpress.com/
-Cooking With A Wallflower http://cookingwithawallflower.com/
Aaah I would have loved to have named more but alas only 10! All righty I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend and check out the new Star Wars trailer online, its AWESOME!!!
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread-Alexander Pope
Every angel is terrifying-Rainer Maria Rilke
Hola peoples! Another quick post today because like always I’m getting behind on some things while getting way ahead on other unimportant things, like reading A Feast For Crows, so good so far! So here’s this week’s flashback post:
Pretty simple background, angels are cool (and sometimes scary), I love pomegranates and working with charcoal…so there you go! So I have to jet and work on some cards and a palm frond (exotic I know!) painting. Game Of Thrones season 5 starts Sunday night, major woot!!!
Also if you love this piece, you can buy a print on Redbubble or like with all of my pieces, you can actually buy the actual piece by contacting me! Have a fan-flippin-tastic weekend!
Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him-Augustine Of Hippo
Its Friday! And April, what the what?! Where did the first 3 months of 2015 go?! I know where this week (and a large part of the last 3 weeks) went: painting a heart. Spring Into Heart season is here and I have busted my buns to finish my piece. I was able to enter 2 pieces, so the other was one I had already completed. Fruit Of The Heart was the one I painted specifically for SIA and technically I guess that’s a lie. I had nothing planned, so I rummaged through some unfinished pieces and found one that was perfect! Just a sketch on my luan board and already primed for oil paint. score! Once again the idea came from my Gray’s Anatomy book:
So there you go, once again I apologize for the cruddy picture quality (seriously need to do something about that). So I hope you all have a great Easter weekend!
*****oh yeah turns out I didn’t measure this before I submitted it, whoops! Oh well it’ll be back at my house sometime in June…unless it sells…….ha ha ha ha I crack myself up!